So you are engaged…Congratulations! You are starting your plans, you booked your venue, you tried on the dress and ….hmmm…it’s time to get toned up! We all want to look our best on the big day; you are spending money on an amazing photographer and a gorgeous wedding gown, jewelery, shoes, makeup, hair…so we DON’T want to look at those pictures and go…”Oh man, I should have toned my arms more, and what is that? Back fat? Uggg!!!” then into hiding the album goes. Of course not everyone is like that or needs pre-wedding tune ups, but a lot of us have been celebrating with wine, cheese, bubbly, cake…well you get the picture! So here is a quick workout you can do in the small time you have to make sure you get toned up for the love of your life and for you!
*Disclaimer: Please check with your doctor before going forward with any major workouts, find a great nutritionist to help you with your eating plan (no fad diets!) and get your doctor’s advice on the best health supplements for your overall well being (no popping diet pills!). Remember that you ARE beautiful just the way you are, your partner DOES love you and think you are gorgeous RIGHT NOW, and that this is a tune up so don’t put pressure on yourself for a complete makeover. Okay, now let’s get to work!
1. Warm Up – Arms and Abs, Legs, Back and Core. This Workout is awesome and is only 10 minutes! You can fit that in. If you want to replay it 3 times, you get a COMPLETE body workout in 30 minutes and it WILL work. Do it 3 times a week in-between stretching and cardio. Start with 30-45 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week doing something you love and feels good on your joints and heart. Start slow and gradually work up! ALWAYS stretch out when you are done to PREVENT injuries and keep your muscles long and lean.
* If you need a modification for this workout go to your KNEES for the push-ups and plank exercises and instead of jogging in place, WALK in place! 🙂 Listen to her modification ques and hang in there for all 10 minutes!
2. Squat/Lunge Circuit – For modification you can STEP or HOP instead of jump, but this is an excellent burst of fat burning and it will make those legs and booty strong and sexy! (hey hey, bridal lingerie!)
3. Tone Up the Arms- Extra toning for your back, shoulders and arms for that wedding dress! – 17 minutes!
4. Pilates Style Abs/Core Workout – You can do this one daily as soon as you get up! Listen for modification ques but these are wonderful for your whole core. Only 4.5 Minutes! You can do that!
5. Yoga Video – 30 minutes : If you like the benefits of Yoga this is a good beginning-intermediate Yoga Video. It is not a video if you have NEVER done Yoga but it is good if you have a little bit of yoga experience so you know modifications. This is a full body strengthening and stretching routine of Power Yoga and is good for centering you and working muscles differently. What’s also great about this video is that you can play your own background music to her instruction!
As Sample Schedule of these workouts would be something like this:
Day 1 – All 4 Videos
Day 2 – Video 1 &4 – 1-3 times with 30-45 minutes of cardio
Day 3 – All 4 Videos
Day 4 – Video 1&4 – 30-45 minutes of cardio
Day 5 – Yoga Video 5: 1-2 times > 30-45 minutes of cardio
Day 6 – Cardio 30-45 Minutes
Day 7 – Rest or Nature Day! (Go for a light hike, a walk on the beach, a stroll in the park, etc.)
All you have to do is come back to this blog and you have your full workout! These are just a sample of some of the wonderful workouts out there but I find it’s the best mix and easiest on the joints. You can use this as an example of what to look for in your workout plan or just use this routine. Have fun, remember to take good care of your body, mind and soul and love, love, love the person you are!
**About the Author – Kat Bent-Slay has been a certified personal trainer through AFAA and NASM who has worked in the fitness field for over 15 years in corporate and private fitness environments.